Friday, February 27, 2009

Journal 9

I have so much going on in my head, so many things I need to get done, so many things I want to stay ahead of (I like to stay a week a head of all my classes in work and reading) that I am not so focused on any brain drain and have no multimedia to post! Actually, a couple of the projects I am working on are several different kinds of multimedia (one for your class) so my energies are going there. I also have neglected my bike riding this past week and want to make more time for it.

I very much enjoy "routine" and school has thrown a cog in my feeling of routine. I think that is part of the learning process in college is to be able to effectively manage time, juggle several large and small projects at once all with deadlines, and still stay well fed and rested. I'll continue to try to learn this lesson.

Write a visualization of the exact moment in the future when you are experiencing the accomplishment of your biggest goal or dream as your role as a student.

The day of graduation, I wake up smiling but tired because it was hard to sleep the night prior. If dad is in town, and I am sure he will be for such an event, he will have already made coffee so it will be the first thing I smell and crave. He and I will make idol conversation about the exciting day and part company as I go to get showered and dressed.

I will have some dread of the parking and the crowds of people. I am diagnosed and medicated for agoraphobia (a strong desire to not leave the house and an absolute unease of crowds). My excitement and a quick dose of xanax will help me cope as we get in the car. I know several of my friends will also want to attend, so I may suggest we get a driver and car (limo) so it will be one less things to make me over stressed.

Close friends and family about, I will be beaming, near busting, with excitement. The crowed and being separated from my loved ones will be trying, but I know it will be only for a short time. After, I am quite sure we all will go someplace for a fine lunch or dinner. Keeping all this in mind will help me not freak out being sandwiched in so many people as I wait patiently for them to call my name. Walking across the stage I will be more in my element and joyful, excited to shake hands with whomever and receive my long worked for acknowledgement of my achievement. Additionally, I hope to be a part of the student who are in the top of their class, an added joy.

Diploma in hand, I will have the overwhelming urge to leave then, but I think it is normal to stay for the entire ceremony. I will wait and enjoy my fellow mates accomplishments also, proud of us all.

After the family dinner, I am sure my close friends and I will go "get our drink on" most likely retaining the limo for safety - and maybe even stay the evening at the Plaza, a place that bring back many memories of childhood skating.

While this is a visualization, I will put money on it that this is just about how it will happen!

No comments: