Friday, February 27, 2009

Journal 10

Write a one sentence statement of one of your most motivating goals or dreams in your role as a student

As a student, I want to stay consistent with applying myself keeping a high GPA. I want to be well thought of by my teachers and fellow students.

Write a list of personal qualities that would help you achieve this educational goal or dream.
  • staying focused
  • taking care of my self mind body and soul
  • eating well
  • getting plenty of rest
  • keeping a good attitude
  • being understanding of others
  • studying often, college does not end when you leave campus
  • staying centered
  • staying in a place of gratefulness
  • helping others when able
  • making good friendships and emotional connections while in school
Write three versions of your personal affirmation.

A) I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude.

B) I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude creating my dreams.

C) I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.

Choose one sentence from step four above that you like best and write that sentence five or more times.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
  • I am a centered, focused man with a good attitude and I love life.
Write three paragraphs, one for each of the qualities in your affirmation.

I've not always been centered, there may be children who are born with this blessing and grow into it gracefully and beautifully, but I was not one. After years of living an frustrating life largely in part to the decisions I was making I wanted more. I wanted a better life. A close friend of mine gave me a book about me meditation and the effects it can have on one. It was really life changing for me. When I am centered things do not bother me as much as usual, my mood is well tempered and even, and over all, I am a more pleasant person to be around. Christa, thank you for being so insightful to give me the book titled "The Key".

I have had moments of great focus and single mindfulness to accomplish goals, but like above, it did not come naturally nor in my younger years could I summon it on command like a witches spell. Thankfully, age has shown me the tremendous benefits of being focused. An example of my being focused was probably first seen when I was in my mid teens. I so wanted to get away from my uber negative family life, I zeroed in like a laser beam on my ability to figure skate and what to do to get better so I would be desirable to a touring show. That was my ticket out and it worked.

Having a positive attitude for me has been the foundation of many many employment offers, skating or otherwise even if the other pair team was better than us. No one wants to be around someone with a poor attitude. When standing in line to renew your automobile tags or mail something at the USPO when the line is out the door; it is surprising the length someone will go, even when in a bad mood, for someone who smiles and has a positive attitude.

Well, chapter 3 was great, I just turned ahead and saw chapter 4 is on MASTERING Self Management. Thank God.

No comments: