Friday, February 27, 2009

Journal 8

Title a clean page of paper in your journal: MY LIFE PLAN. Below the title, complete the part of your Life Plan for your role as a student.

MY LIFE PLAN

My Dream

To wear my life like a set of comfortable clothing, being well educated, able to travel when wanted. Being in some kind of profession that could be completely mobile, allowing me to be able to conduct business from anywhere so I can enjoy the the luxury of travel. This does not necessarily mean business travel, there is a huge difference from doing business at a remote location and having to be at a remote location to conduct your business.

I want to be respected at what I do, even a leader in the industry. I want to balance work and personal life, not neglecting my better half (should I ever have another) or family.

I just reread our instructions, and I think I have jumped the gun a bit. As a student, I want to stay consistent with applying myself keeping a high GPA. I want to be well thought of by my teachers and fellow students.

My Life Role as a Student

My role as a student is what it is. It is my responsibility to show up on time, pay attention, follow through completely with each assignment doing the best I can. It is my responsibility to absorb and learn the information that is presented to me, and then show that I have mastered this information by doing well on test and exams. Being an adult student, I am here because I want to be here, so I enjoy it. Having fun is very important to me and becoming a student is very fun!

Further more, I feel it is my responsibility to not be disruptive in classes or school, and to be an over all asset (not a liability) to the school, my classes and everyone I come into contact with.

My Long Term Goals in this Role

Well, fairly easily I feel I can accomplish an Associates degree. I feel by then I will be offered or come across some fulfilling employment that I can thrive in and make what I need to live how I like to live. However, I am not attached to this outcome. Should that not happen I am open to continuing on to accomplish a Bachelor of Science and then seeking employment using my new skill sets.

My Short Term Goals in this Role

Sorry this is going to be so short, even if I dive deep. I find it best to keep many things as simple as possible. My short term goal in my role as a student is to have and maintain a 3.5 or higher GPA.

Write about what you have learned or relearned by designing your life plan.

Not a whole lot, other than it is good to see it on paper (opps, sorry, written out on a computer monitor). You can think of a goal, but as long as it is in your head it means very little. Once you share it with somebody, it has come out of your mouth, it brings you a step closer. When you get to the point of writing it down you are taking some action towards that goal (applause, applause), now make a game plan to achieve that goal and with a positive attitude, nothing can stop you except yourself.

No comments: