Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The joy of school and skating - Journal 13



I met with my shrink this week, and I was happy to report that I have not been this happy since I was skating. Going to school is so fulfilling, challenging and makes me so happy. Speaking of skating, I still have not transferred any video to the web, but this journal entry will include some photos from when I skated. Joyful times.

1. From your life plan in Journal Entry 8, copy one of your most important and challenging short term goals from your role as a student.

It is my responsibility to show up on time, pay attention, follow through completely with each assignment doing the best I can.

2. Write and complete the following sentence stem 5 or more times: I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I ...

- I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I spent a minimum of 3 hours a week working on the algebra EducoSoft website tutorials.

- I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I doubled my study of English (OMG our language is so hard!) reading at home in the text more, and taking two test a week to get ahead.

- I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I ate better foods, and on a more normal schedule.

- I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I spent an hour a day MINIMUM in the library doing homework.

- I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY I slept more and like eating, got on a solid sleep schedule.




3. On a separate page in your journal, create a 32 Day Commitment Form or attach a photocopy of the one on page 106. Complete the sentence at the top of the form "Because I know..." with one action from your list inn step two.

Okay, I am going to do this daily in my journal here online. It will be even more relevant as I will have to sign in and post if I did it - and all post are recorded with a time and date.

BECAUSE I KNOW I WOULD MOVE STEADILY TOWARDS THIS GOAL IF EVERYDAY IF I doubled my study of English (OMG our language is so hard!) reading at home in the text more, and taking two test a week to get ahead.

This is not going to be east to do, and not going to be easy (at first) to record as I will have to sign on to do it, not just make a sheet and check it 32 times the day before it is due; but I gladly take this challenge as I want to ramp up my grade in English / Developmental Writing.

4. Write your thoughts and feelings as you begin your 32 day commitment.

SCARED!! I hope I have not set myself up to fail, but if I get off track, I know to jump back on track without punishing myself. I usually always end my day at the computer so (if I remember / create a good habit) it will be easy to pop open my blog / journal and record the days events.

No comments: