Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'm tired of politics, let Obama do his job - Journal 14




As always, the presidential election is passionate, dramatic and exciting, but it is over. Now it seems they are trying to make news out of anything. Trying to dig up dirt or throw anything at our President to blame him for where we are now as a nation. Excuse me, he just took over this mess, he did not create it.

Some of my favorite news shows are even making me tired of seeing them due to the nonsense they report. It reminds me of the title of Oscar Wildes play - "Much Ado About Nothing". They even are going after Michelle, holding her under a magnifying glass waiting for her to misstep or make a mistake. I've got news for all the reporters, you are in luck. She will misstep, she will make a mistake. SHE IS HUMAN, so am I, so is every reporter following them waiting for them to make a goof so they can report it and keep their job; while so many other hardworking people have lost their job.

We are all human, we all make mistakes. I am just having some great empathy for our first family (even the first families I have not favored) that they have to endure living under such a microscope. The White House should actually be called The Glass House.

1. List the successes you have created in your life.

- being an accomplished and featured skater in many skating tours and stage shows.

- being nationally recognized for ice skating choreography

- taking over the marketing and managing of our skating engagements

- being a top listing agent with several of the real estate brokerages I have been associated with

- being a loyal and good friend

- when possible, reaching out to help others who wanted help

- not letting racial or sexual preference barriers set any limits for me, despite what I was told by my own family

- not forgetting the scars that the above have left, not forgetting who I am - and being proud and loving myself

- working very hard every day to live a peaceful and fair life, treating people as I would want to be treated

2. List your personal skills and talents.

- once focused, highly driven

- meticulously organized

- well versed in using a computer, on any platform, as a tool to increase production and communication

- dependable

- responsible

- a pleasant disposition

- can throw a damn good dinner party

3. List positive risks that you have taken in your life.

- going against my families wishes and being an ice skater, professionally, instead of going straight to college.

- starting several businesses, all which I sold

- personal relationships

- "coming out" as bi-racial and gay

4. List important actions that you presently have some resistance about doing.

- learning the adobe software suite

- my writing class

- going out with this boy that keeps asking me out

- committing to a travel date with my grandma

- going to the dentist

5. Write a visualization of yourself successfully doing one of the actions you listed in step four.

I am going to go with the dating one - I would say I have the biggest resistance there (or a close second place with going to the dentist).

I've just shown up, I did not want him to pick me up because I did not want to give up the independence of being able to leave whenever I want. He is handsome, charming and attentive. I am not sure why I still am holding back, but I am. We have drinks before dinner and I relax some and enjoy his company.

He flatters me without being sexually aggressive, the attention is nice. The drinks are nice and the food is great. I am thinking Mexican food and margaritas. I know he does not like it but was nice enough to accommodate my desires. As the dinner part of the evening comes to a close, overall, for a guy who is extremely commitment shy and anti-date I have had a really great time. The date covered all of my physical and emotional senses in a very positive way.

Even though it was all seemingly positive, I still feel the tightening in my gut of the asking of another date. From there come expectations, demands, compromise, disagreements. I am not going to deal with all that right now, I am just going to be in the moment. He asks, and I say yes.

FYI - I chose this topic as tomorrow I am going on a date. I have turned this guy down for almost two months. I will keep you posted.

No comments: