Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chapter 27, Journal 25

1. Write about where you are presently off course in your role as a student and offer a plan for making a course correction.

This entry ask that we address four different areas, I will address them as A, B, C and D.

A) While I fully acknowledge that in every class, including this one, I could have applied myself more and done better, I feel surprisingly on course. I had two classes that I had a bad attitude mid-way through. My first gut reaction was the teacher was lacking, not sharing information they way I wanted it to be shared - I acknowledge I can only change myself. Once I adjusted my attitude, and made a game plan to be successful in the class despite what or how I "felt" about the teacher, my grades shot up and my work got better.

B) I always instantly know if I am off course on whatever it is I am doing at school, work, home, etc.. so the problem for me is not knowing if I am off course, it is if I am willing to acknowledge it and do something about it. My inner guide and / or the people around me can give me all the feedback they want, but until my stubborn ass makes the decision to acknowledge there is a problem and make needed changes "it is what it is". I am, however, not that self destructive and usually come around pretty quickly.

C) I am thankful to say, since my 30's - I have had a much more successful plan for getting back on course than I did prior in life. It involves thinking, doing, believing and feeling but is very simple and can be summed up in a extremely short sentence.

The only person in the world I can change is myself. This is my simple but effective plan.

It took me years to realize this. Years. Once I did the simplicity and effectiveness of this plan brought overwhelming joy to my life. Would I want to be in my 20's again? HELL NO. I can look around the classroom and see the road that will be traveled by many of my classmates, and like mine, it is going to be hard - no thank you to going down that road again. =)

D) I am always open to continued learning and am humbled by what life has taught me so far. I think U of L (University of Life) now has pointed me in a direction that wants me to be true to my nature, my self. Not needing the permission or approval of others, not being ashamed of who I am or where I come from. To be a real more raw and open with my emotions human being, to connect with others where in the past I have kept people out. This is a huge challenge for me, very difficult, but I see the benefits it can possibly bring.

No comments: