Monday, May 4, 2009

Chapter 5, Journal 16

1. Write and complete the following sentence stems:
  1. An outer obstacle that stands between me and my success in college is the time and energy that I spend worrying about things that do not matter.
  2. Someone besides me, who could help me overcome this outer obstacle is any of my professors. They are all great, approachable and willing to help.
  3. How this person could help is by listening to me, and offering a different point of view.
  4. An inner obstacle that stands between me and my success in college is living on the verge of Quadrant III and my unhealthy relationship with my father.
  5. Someone besides me, who could help me overcome this inner obstacle is my shrink.
  6. How this person could help me is by listening to me, and offering a different point of view and perhaps even a plan to get out of this rut.
  7. The most challenging course I am taking in college this semester is Algebra.
  8. This course is challenging for me because there are many tedious formulas to memorize, I am more of a big picture kind of guy. Details bog me down.
  9. Someone besides me, who could help me overcome this challenge is my professor, he is caring, understanding and really wants us to learn.
  10. How this person could help me is by some one on one time with him, which he has given freely.
2. Write about two (or more) choices you could make to create a stronger network for yourself in college.
Be open. I need to be open to making more friends and allow myself to ask for help. To relay on them. I do think it is important to find friends who are of the same educational determination or higher, if you start a network of couch potato's they can (and will) effect you in a downward manor.
I also need to be MUCH more open to asking for help, offering help when asked, and participating in study groups. I am intimidated by asking to be a part of study group, or even afraid I would look stupid - but I know this is something I will need to look into this.

No comments: